Christmas in High Gear
The suggestion earlier that chocolate could be the perfect gift really hit home for a few people. The orders have been coming in, and we’ve been making chocolate as fast as we can!
Just a sample of what we’ve been working on for you:
- Gingerbread, our newest truffle, with a blend of ground ginger and molasses, topped with sugar crystals just like a cookie (but with dark chocolate!)
- Our redesigned Eggnog truffle, with nutmeg and a touch of bourbon and rum, enough to make you want to jump into Santa’s lap and tell him what you want for Christmas
- Pumpkin truffles made with real pumpkin puree and topped with a toasted pumpkin seed
- Mint truffles, made with mint tea steeped in cream and sugar, and topped with a beautiful candied lemon peel
- Chile Pepper-Vanilla truffles, with a blend of three different ground chiles
- Makers Mark Bourbon truffles (need I say more?)
- French Raspberry Liqueur, with a touch of sweet white chocolate
- Rose Petal and Red Tea, just like walking in a summer garden
We’ve also got our Kakao Hot Chocolate mix, in both traditional and Mexican varieties, to keep you warm on these cold winter nights. Local Harvest Cafe serves Kakao Hot Chocolate in both varieties, and it’s a lot of work to keep them in stock. (I just made a delivery there this week and a customer overheard and came up to the counter asking “Did you just get hot chocolate?”)
We’ve also got our famous Chocolate-Coated Caramels, and our delectable Pecan Caramels. And of course we have a bunch of those wonderful Marshmallow Pies.
How can you get your hands on some Kakao treats? We’ll be at the Farmer’s Market at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 3664 Arsenal Street, 63116 on Saturday, December 13. And be fore to pick up your last-minute gifts (the perfect ones!) at the Maplewood Market at Schlafly’s Bottleworks on December 20. And of course you can always email us at email@example.com, or call 314.489.5617 and place your order for pickup, delivery, or shipping anywhere in the world.